What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any contribution you make to us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us e.g. your email address and other personal information when you sign up;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
The Canadians for an Inclusive Canada website uses “cookies” to help personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page, so you do not need to re-enter your personal information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the website.
How will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send statements and receipts to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you marketing communications e.g. email actions and marketing communications relating to Canadians for an Inclusive Canada activities;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third party organizations.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. You are responsible for keeping your user details confidential.
On receipt of proof of identity and a written request you may have a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please e-mail us through our contact form and we will respond to your request within thirty days.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by contacting us through our contact form.
You may unsubscribe from Canadians for an Inclusive Canada e-mails at any time by requesting it on our contact form.